Services for Commercial Clients

Conservation Works

Section 57 Declaration
If you own a protected structure it is important to know what you can and cannot do to your property.

Sometimes you might want to make a change to a protected structure, e.g. replace the windows, repair the roof, etc. Surveying and More can apply to the local council on your behalf to establish what works you are allowed to do. If you make a change that is not allowed, you could be prosecuted in the courts.

Section 5 Declaration
If you own a protected structure and you intend to make a change to the building you can ask the local council if the specific change you have in mind is or is not allowed. This is called a Section 5 Declaration (from Section 5 of the Planning and Development Act 2000). Surveying and More can assist you in producing a section 5 declaration outlining what you intend to do and how you intend to do it while retaining the historical features of your building.

Scroll to top